English Version Website of Iwata City
 Home Page Japanese
Outline of Iwata City
Tourist Information
Life-related information
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Top Page >FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

These are frequently asked questions chosen from questions and inquiries Iwata City has received.

What is tax used for?

Tax is spent on public services and facilities such as collection of trash, public housing, roads, hospitals, fire-fighting, schools and parks.

Is a certificate of tax payment necessary when renewing a visa?

Attaching a Certificate of taxation and Certificate of tax payment are required when renewing a visa according to the revised Immigration Control Law by the Ministry of Justice. Those certificates are supposed to be issued by the city office at which you were registered as of January 1 that year.

Iwata City Hall
438-8650 Shizuoka-ken Iwata-shi Kounodai 3-1 E-mail info@city.iwata.lg.jp Tel.0538-37-2111
Copyright(c) Iwata City All Rights Reserved.
Translated by Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE)